Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February's Quilt: Holly Hobbie Quilt

I have had bits of pieces of various Holly Hobbie fabric collections in my stash for well over a year.  When I located the perfect Holly Hobbie vintage sheet for a quilt back, I finally had the motivation to complete this project.

The piecing is simple patchwork (11 inch squares) and I incorporated a panel of Holly.  After I finished the piecing, I sent the quilt top and back to Michelle at Quilted Memories who did a fabulous job on her long arm.




The quilt measures 52 X 82 inches.  The backing is a vintage Holly and Robbie sheet from 1977 (American Greetings Company).  Holly made her debut in 1967 so this sheet is a fairly early depiction of her.
The binding is scrappy - an assortment of the patchwork prints used in the quilt.

There are imperfections in my piecing, and with the benefit of hindsight I would have done a few things differently, but I learned so much in the process. Underneath Holly are the words, "What's stitched with love will never tear..".
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! I made myself 2 shirts from Holly Hobbie fabric when I was in high school. Nice choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely handmade keepsake! Well done. It is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my Goodness!! How stinking adorable! Ive always loved holly hobby since I was a little girl. I was 7 when she started out! lol.
    anyways, I love the quilt! what a great keepsake for your girls.
    happy day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how I missed your Holly Hobby quilt post! This is absolutely adorable. I still have my Holly Hobby doll and many of the books from my childhood. Your fabrics are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!