Wednesday, January 27, 2016

First Quilt of 2016: Receiving Blanket


I have a number of sewing goals this year. I would like to use up my current fabric stash and improve my quilting (piecing) skills.

A dear friend will be welcoming a baby girl into his home next month so I made this blanket using the tutorial at the Fat Quarter Shop.  I am very pleased how the finished piecing turned out. This is a receiving blanket so it is backed with flannel (Timeless Treasures).

Fabric: The elephant fabric is "Play with me" by Stof; the florals are Amy Butler (Soul Blossoms and others I think); and the hot pink is Denyse Schmidt "Ansonia").

My sewing pal used some of the left over scraps and made a coordinating diaper pouch using Noodlehead's diaper pouch tutorial.


It feels so good to be sewing again and I am well into the next project.

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. sweet!! someone will love those! My daughter makes burp cloth sets with cloth diapers and baby print flannels.. always cute and useful gifts. nice to "see" you here! have a great day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!