Saturday, June 6, 2015

Women’s World Cup 2015: To a greater goal

IMG_2781 I love repurposing sports memorabilia (eg. the hockey sweater). For this project, I repurposed a Hudson’s Bay Canada Olympic mitten who was missing a mate.
IMG_8439
I was able to open up the mitten and preserve the maple leaf. I used some red jersey and  the Scientific Seamstress’ doll t-shirt pattern to create a Canada jersey.
For the shorts, I adapted this free pants pattern by Milo Mila. I used maple leaf grosgrain ribbon to embellish the shirt and shorts. The soccer cleats are from Michaels (Springfield Dolls) –use your 50% off coupon. These Springfield cleats fit AG doll feet.
IMG_7756[1]
IMG_2777
Another useful shorts pattern is this free one by GiGi doll creations. Here is an example stitched by my sewing pal.
IMG_7752[1]
[When printing out the pattern be sure to turn any scaling off, otherwise the fit will be too small.] I recommend 10 inch elastic for AG dolls. 
Let the games begin - Go Canada!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, so cute. These girls are ready to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! what a great idea to make that top out of a mitten! I bet your girls just love their dolls. we have one somewhere.. well, Bethany has it.. I hope its somewhere safe. Have a great day my friend!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!