Friday, May 8, 2015

Sakura Hanami 2015

IMG_2762

I woke up at the crack of dawn so that I could travel across town to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom at High Park.  It was absolutely beautiful.   The crowds started at about 7 am and I estimate there were at least a hundred photographers setting up their equipment.  Many couples were taking advantage of the blossoms for engagement photo shoots.  Here are a few shots of my cherry blossom viewing.

IMG_2756

IMG_2757

IMG_2741

IMG_2733

The cherry blossoms bloom for about 4-10 days every year – if you blink you might miss them. These trees were a gift from Japan to the City of Toronto and such a treasure for the Torontonians to enjoy. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful. Well worth waking up early. Your photos are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!