Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Outfits for the Home opener

IMG_2666

During the winter months, I found a few yards of baseball fabric (c. 1992) at the thrift shop.

IMG_8353 IMG_8354

I used a small amount of the Toronto Blue Jays fabric to stitch up some popover sundresses for the dolls.  The hats are the mini 8 oz.  ice cream / snack bowls.  I punched a tiny hole and added thin elastic so they would be secure.  They look like batting helmets!  The mini bat and ball are from a keychain.  All set to cheer on our favourite team: “Go Jays Go!”

IMG_2668

I have had a few questions about the opening day wreath I posted on Instagram.

IMG_2661

I have seen several variations of these wreaths floating around on Pinterest. I did not have enough baseballs, so I used 7 old softballs from the thrift shop.   I needed to buy an extra long drill bit.   I drilled each ball and threaded through bendable wire (roughly the same thickness as a coat hanger).  I rested each ball on a paint can to drill through it.

IMG_8208 I hot glued one of the mini ice cream bowls and added a ribbon. 

IMG_2660

Here is one of my favourite photos of Hope at the Jays (v. Cincinnati) exhibition game in Montreal  (at the Olympic Stadium) on the Saturday during Easter Weekend. Instead of the grapefruit league, we call the pre-season games in Montreal the poutine league.  She loves to wear her game day jersey. I paid just 2$ at the thrift shop but it is favourite jersey.  She lost a tooth the day before the game.

IMG_2586

Finally, here is a photo from last night’s Home Opener at the Rogers Centre in Toronto.  There was lots of energy in the sold out crowd.  We were sitting high up in the last row behind home plate so we had a good view of the flag during the pre-game ceremony (the Jays ultimately fell to the Tampa Bay Rays 2-1). 

IMG_8368

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. You are beautifully crafty and I love your photography. It's Karen from RUDE at http://ruderecord.wordpress.com and I will be introducing you on to Agatha's Blog Train on the 9th May.

    And by the way my son is a lawyer with the American firm Reed Smith based in the Perth, Australia office. Knowing how hard [long hours too] that lawyers work, I do not know where you find the time to be crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! I love that you made the dolls those outfits! And I LOVE the wreath. I need one of those to give to my boss/friend at work.. she would just die over it. too cute!
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!