Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Painting Party for a 7 year old

IMG_8124

This past weekend, we celebrated Hope’s 7th birthday.  We booked a session at the local Paint Lounge to paint canvasses and eat cake. 

IMG_1554IMG_1568

IMG_1570 Lily and I painted the big “7” – the piece was a collaborative effort using watercolour paint on charcoal paper (we used charcoal paper because watercolour paper is very expensive). I found the original idea at the Handmade Home.

IMG_8098 I made the banner using paint chips from the Home Depot (the paint department did not mind) and a dollar store stencil.

IMG_8066 IMG_8118

For party favours, I decorated paper bags with this ”Every Child is an Artist” printable at Discovery Moments.

IMG_8091

Inside the favour bags, we included a watercolor pallet, paintbrush, Van Gogh inspired sunflower seed pack, and pocket colour wheel.  The seed packs are one of my photoshop projects and have one of my favourite Van Gogh quotations:

If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.

IMG_8074

IMG_8076

IMG_8100

IMG_8109

Hope was very pleased with the celebration, can you tell? 

IMG_8114

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Hope! It sounds like a fab party and I love everything - from banner (what a great idea!!) to favour bags to excellent paintings and smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic birthday theme! I'm sure everyone had a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!