Saturday, February 28, 2015

Winter Stations

IMG_1514

It is the last day of February and I thought I would post a few photos of the warming huts that are on display at Balmy Beach. The beach life guard stations are temporarily transformed into warming huts. The project was as a result of an international juried design competition is called Winter Stations.

IMG_1510

IMG_1506

The fabric, above, acts as a swing.

IMG_1503

This hut has a fire pit.

IMG_1502

The shoreline is spectacular right now.  We have experienced the coldest February on record.

IMG_1499

IMG_1490

Looking forward to warmer temperatures. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. What fun these structures are! I've been enjoying them on your IG feed too. Happy March! It's snowing again this morning, but I do believe we may actually start to see warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those warming huts are so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool! I like the one with the fire pit.. fires at the beach are the best!
    I didnt understand the one with all the red fabric hanging.
    have a great week!!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!