Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Flower Show 2014

I took an unplanned break from blogging this fall.   Hope broke her right arm in September (cast for 6 weeks and has made a full recovery) and Lily’s appendix ruptured in October  which required a hospital stay and recovery period so blogging and crafty activities were put on the backburner. I do plan to return to more regular blogging soon.  I am also participating in Scandinavian Christmas at the Pickled Herring this year.  The series begins Saturday.
This past weekend, the annual Christmas Flower show opened at Allan Gardens, one of Toronto's oldest public gardens and a little oasis in middle of the city. I thought I would share a few photos - never underestimate a poinsettia.IMG_0997
IMG_0998
IMG_1000
IMG_1019
IMG_1030
During my visit, the amaryllis were noticeably absent, but there were succulent wreaths and trees on display.
IMG_1021
IMG_1023
Toronto is looking sparkly right now and the snowfall is in the forecast.  Below is the skating rink at City Hall with the CN tower in red and green in the background.
IMG_1042 Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you again and I'm glad to hear everyone is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been missed and I'm feeling honored to have been able to catch up on everything via IG. May 2015 be a healthy happy year for your beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!