Friday, April 11, 2014

Easter preparations

IMG_8236

I fooled the girls with this little bunny.  They thought it was chocolate, but actually it was an old resin sprinkler that a neighbour gave us years ago.   I saw the idea of spray painting objects glossy brown and wanted to give it a try (I used Rustoleum  Gloss Espresso Brown spray paint). 

This is what he looked like before! It is amazing what two coats of spray paint can do.

photo (15)

 

IMG_8237

Our American Girl dolls now have new Easter dresses, bonnets, and baskets.  The girls made the baskets using mini peat pots -  Kim K has an excellent tutorial for peat pot Easter baskets.  The doll size version uses the mini seed starter peat pots.  The American Girl bonnets are a historical pattern (Kirsten’s bonnet) and the dresses are the tea party dress from the book Little Things to Sew.

IMG_8243

IMG_8240

Spring has finally arrived! 

Have a wonderful weekend and for those of you will be commencing  Easter and Passover celebrations in the coming days, I wish you a meaningful one.

signature

8 comments:

  1. Aren't you brilliant with that bunny sprinkler make-over. Love the mini peat pot baskets and the American girl doll outfits. So glad to see spring your way. I spy flowers. We've been in the mid 60s today with sunshine. How glorious! Wishing your family a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does look like a chocolate bunny, how tricky you are!
    The AG dolls are adorable in their Easter outfits. Thank you so much for the link to the AG clothes patterns (I had no idea about that website), looking forward to sewing some up one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bunny looks good enough to eat :) And sweet dresses for the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea tomoaint the hose! He does look good enough to eat!!

    And, you know I am partial to the pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea to paint that bunny! I love american girl dolls. my Bethany had the best fun with hers. I do wonder where that doll is now. Maybe she should come live here.. cause Im sure shes in a dark damp basement otherwise!
    have a great week!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bunny he looks sooooo much cuter now. I"ve been giving some serious thought to spray painting things too. The doll dresses are great. Love the fabric on the pink dresses. I also think you are fab for making the historical dress patterns!! It is interesting that I read this post today....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have been fooled by that bunny too.

    The dolls' Easter bonnets came out cute. I'm going to check out that link.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!