Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter countdown

 

IMG_8450

Evangeline Hope is calendar focused – she checks the calendar each day and needs to know how many sleeps between various events.  

I wanted to make her a countdown calendar for Easter. I was inspired by one that I saw at Pottery Barn kids. (It was a Peter Rabbit linen banner that incorporated a carrot and little pockets. You could easily make one of these if you had a bunny tea towel.)

IMG_3795[1]

I used scraps from my stash and made the pompom from leftover wool.  Our calendar counts down the days from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.  The carrot is a plastic one from a candy pack.  Surprises  candy or non-candy can be put into each of the pockets. My husband suggested one of our Olive Wood crosses and a  stone  in the last pocket .  In 2007, when I was pregnant with Hope,  we had a chance to visit Israel and the Sacred Cave at the Holy Sepulchre.  

IMG_8459 

For those celebrating, wishing you a blessed Easter and Passover season!  Did you have a chance to catch the moon over the past few nights? amazing.

signature

10 comments:

  1. Your calendar is wonderful! I always get extra excited when I see an update on your blog. Wishing you and your sweet girls a very special and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your calendar! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very lovely idea! I love both your calendar and the Peter Rabbit (I am a fan of Beatrix Potter :)
    Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! What an adorable count down calendar! You know how much i love them too although I have kept my passion in reign and only indulge myself over the winter holidays! But this calendar you made is so darn cute. I just know she loves it - and most likely will for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I LOVE that! and yours is 100 times better then the pottery barn one. Now I have to try to remember that.. I might need to make one for my baby pies! Have a wonderful Easter with your sweet family!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made an adorable calendar. What a great family tradition and memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very sweet calendar, and I love the use of the carrot! Great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this calendar, wish I'd seen it earlier, but pinned for next year! Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable. Seriously cute. :) Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!