Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick’s Day

IMG_8147
Spring is scheduled to arrive this week, but temperatures in these parts are still well below freezing.  Our neighbourhood skating rink had its closing party this past weekend.  We skated with lanterns and flash lights under a big full moon, I think the March full moon is called the Sugar Moon - for the maple syrup harvest. The girls return to school today after a one week break.  I suspect many students will still be adjusting to daylight savings time.  
For those celebrating today, I wish you a Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  I stitched up these little popover dresses for my daughters’ American Girls.  They are now ready to dance a jig.
{Free Pattern: Oliver + S popover sundress   Shamrock Fabric: Heather Ross Briar Rose collection }
IMG_8149
The dresses were embellished with felt clovers that I found last year Daiso and the mini hats are from the Dollar Tree.  
I am keen to sew a few more AG outfits.  Both the girls and I came away from the AG shop in New York very inspired. I marvel at some of the details, such as restrooms and toilet stalls with doll holders.
IMG_6940
IMG_6942
IMG_8150
Our family’s St. Patrick’s Day celebrations started a few day ago.  For the past several years, my husband (and now the girls!) have have put on annual Irish sing-a-long at the childcare centre.  This year there were performances at two different centres which were well received.  This is one of my favourite photos!
StPatricksDay2014
Before I sign off, I thought I would share another NYC photo.  In Little Italy there is a very interesting shop called “It’s Always Christmas in the City”  on display was a festive St. Patrick’s Day tree which some of you might enjoy.
IMG_8073
IMG_8075IMG_8072
Happy St. Patrick’s Day and may wind always be at your back,
signature

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate St. Patrick's day! And the tree is beautiful - Happy St. Patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your St. Patrick's day was a lovely one! This is such a special post. You girls are just precious singing away. Someday, I hope we can all meet in person. Both girls keep telling us we need to visit Canada.

    PS. You know I'm loving that St. Patrick's themed tree. I'm staring at my own this evening. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would enjoy that tree! I suspect that you might enjoy the entire shop which is full of so many themed trees! I hope to meet you and your family one day too!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you're going to be busy sewing for the dolls!!!!

    The tree is cute, the display is just like one of the many like at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland that we visited in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we went into the shop I immediately remembered your post on Bronner's (which is now on my bucket list too!)

      Delete
  4. Fun, fun, and fun...especially the sing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!