Monday, December 9, 2013

Flannel jammies and a new puppy

IMG_7189
We celebrated St. Nicholas Day on Friday. The girls loved their new flannel night gowns, pillowcases, and umm… puppy!
IMG_7175
I stitched up size 6 and 8 and they were on the big size.  The nightgowns are McCalls M4646, I meant to make these last Christmas, but ran out of time.  The hat is Simplicity 9982, essentially a 21 inch diameter circle, lined with an elastic casing.
IMG_7208
Meet Si, short of Silus.  I never thought I would get a puppy again, the housebreaking is so much work.  He is about 9 - 10 weeks old.  He came with the name Si, we answered an ad posted by another family – where he lasted a week and  who I suspect had no idea the amount of work is involved in carrying for a puppy or that puppies bite.   They didn’t use a crate either, so we are starting from scratch. He doesn’t like the leash either, but I hope that will be worked out within a week or so.
IMG_7202
Below are the new pillowcases. I made one for the girls and their nephew. 
IMG_6538
Have a great week and thanks for stopping by,

PS this post is linked to the Christmas PJs link up party at the good life
signature

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How beautiful are your girls in their new nightgowns!! I'm sending you lots of extra hugs and prayers on the puppy training. It must feel like you have a baby in the house again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just too cute for words both nightgowns and caps! Simply adorable! And judging from the picture - Si looks like being a handful or armful in any case :)
    Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flannel - such a sweet old-fashioned print and the night caps are great!! And look at the new baby. We've never tried puppies for just that reason. That said, we get dog breeds that are known for being stubborn and cat-like. To each his own!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are lovely. The girls are adorable in their jammies. And Si is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo of the girls in their jammies! you are such a good mom! And the new puppy is adorable too!
    have fun!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been sewing up a storm lately. And Saint Nicholas brought a puppy!!! I have heard that puppies are a lot of work, but I hope your family enjoys your new puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww so cute! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got your comment about art on my blog but accidentally rejected it. I just wanted to let you know that I got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the matching nighties and nightcaps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your girls look darling. Hooray for a new puppy. Ours is almost two, and still literally jumps with delight and has SO much energy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!