Monday, October 14, 2013

Thanksgiving sewing

IMG_6732
We are enjoying a three day weekend and that foggy too much turkey feeling.  We celebrated our Thanksgiving meal with gratitude, a full house, good food, and laughter. I even had  a chance to complete a little sewing project (bonnets and aprons). This year, the girls played Thanksgiving restaurant, made menus, and dressed up to take everyone’s Thanksgiving “orders”.  It was my dad’s idea and made for a memorable meal.
{Sewing Notes: historical apron pattern Hint of History by Amanda Kastner Designs “Buttoned Bib Apron”  Bonnet Pattern Simplicity 9982  View 4 – this pattern is from 1995, probably discontinued I found it at Value Village; fabric thrifted}
IMG_6753
IMG_6751
IMG_6749
IMG_6715
IMG_6748
A friend in our neighbourhood has started a tiny library of French books. Isn’t it sweet?
“La petite bibliotheque de Leslieville”
IMG_6758
Have a happy week,
This post is linked to Make it handmade's Feathers Flight link party. signature

11 comments:

  1. The girls looks so sweet in the bonnets and aprons you have made! Well done!
    They remind me of the girls depicted in Holly Hobbie's artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are absolutely darling and totally remind me of Holly Hobbie's characters in their sweet bonnets. I'm so glad you had a wonderful thanksgiving with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute!!! Love the idea. maybe when my grandpies are older I will remember to do this.. well except my outfits wont be so elaborate.. as I cant sew anything "real"! I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving.. Im looking forward to ours.
    have a great week!!
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on the bonnets and aprons (I, too was reminded of Holly Hobbie), perfect fabric choices. "Thanksgiving restaurant" sounds like a very fun idea for kids, I would like to copy that idea. I hope you and your family had yummy food.
    Those free little libraries are great, we have one close to our neighborhood, but there is also one in the parking lot of the American Swedish Institute in Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous outfits! Why did bonnets go out of style? I want to wear it and not get strange looks, please. Is Canadian Thanksgiving pretty similar to the American one? I've just realized that I don't know anything about it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these outfits are amazing! They are so beautiful! And your photography is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your girls are growing so much! And they are truly lovely in their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Your girls are truly adorable with the aprons and bonnets! Remind me of Sarah Kay's images. Wonderful job, KJ !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!!! Your girls look amazing-- I used to watch little house on the prairie when I was younger-- the bonnets look just like on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous bonnets - reminds me of the dramas on the Hallmark Channel. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely job with the girls outfits. Happy T-day. We noted it in passing in our home. :) Ours is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!