Thursday, September 12, 2013

Printed patchwork {happiness!}

IMG_6629

Lately, I have been drawn to printed patchwork (I think it is also known as “cheaters quilt”?). I have been collecting purses (above), fabric, vintage sheets, etc. from thrift stores. {The pink on the far right, below, is actually an oven mitt – a birthday gift from my sister ).

IMG_6634

When my sister was visiting over Labour Day, we had a little sewing session and made some quick skirts for the girls with a patchwork vintage sheet (actually a dust ruffle).

Lily liked hers so much she wore it for the  first day of school.  Here are few photos of the skirts. Kind of cute.

IMG_6535

IMG_6559

IMG_6548IMG_6504

IMG_6531

IMG_6507

I think the last photo was a why-I-sew moment.

{The red mini is not ours we live in a street parking hood, our neighbour’s house guest didn’t mind the mini being included in the photoshoot}.

Have a great weekend,

signature

8 comments:

  1. The skirts are adorable, KJ! The girls look thrilled to be wearing them. EH's faces are cracking me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love printed patchwork myself and wouldn't blush to have to use it to make gorgeous things like your skirts! I also mustn't forget to mention the bag in the first picture because it stole my heart the second I saw it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are the girls! Such pretty skirts. That patchwork fabric brings back happy memories of a special dress I had in 3rd grade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love patchwork but unfortunately dont know how to sew it. Have to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project!
    I had never heard of cheaters quilt before, but what a good name, imagine having to sew all those little pieces together!?!
    That last photo is absolutely adorable :)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they all look SO adorable with their matching skirts. I know what you mean about having a 'why I sew' moment, it's really quite special and hopefully your girls will have some fond memories of their home sewn clothes.

    Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! All the skirts look great together! Gorgeous girls!
    One of my favourite printed patchwork fabrics is by Holly Hobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those skirts (and girls!) are the cutest!!! I'm pretty sure I had a sundress with matching bonnet made from that fabric when I was little!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!