Sunday, July 7, 2013

Summer Bucket List: Stratford

IMG_5900
IMG_5908
IMG_5911
IMG_5915
IMG_5905
IMG_5920
We really wanted to take the girls to Stratford (Ontario) this summer  so I was thrilled when I won four tickets from the Little Paper to see the Three Musketeers.  {Pre-kids I was a contest junkie and entered absolutely everything.  Now I am extremely selective and I had a good feeling about winning this one.}
The play started at 2 and ran to almost 5 pm with only a 15 minute intermission.  Both girls had no problems paying attention to the entire production … I was a bit concerned – while billed as a family production – the story has some dark elements and they only knew a very basic “more upbeat” story line - thanks to Barbie and others.
The town of Stratford has an Avon River (just like its namesake) and it is famous for the white and black swans. Prior to the show we had a little picnic next to the river.    I caught these photos just before a sun shower.  I am so glad I did.  I believe that siblings share a special conversation – they finish each other’s sentences and think the same thoughts at the same time – I am starting to see that in them now (hmm…between bickering: ).  I wanted to capture that, maybe I did in the second from the bottom. 
Happy summer and make lots of memories,
signature

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for winning! The girls look lovely all dressed up for a special outing. What a fun memory to make together...even with a little bickering. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty dresses for two special girls. Congratulations on winning. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this seems like an incredibly great win!
    The girls look like having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful swans and yes, summer is the perfect time to make memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on winning tickets! Your girls look beautiful. They look like they had a wonderful time.

    I never win, I just pay. If you follow the theatre on Facebook they have deals for $29.00 tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!