Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fairy Tale of New York

IMG_0706[1]

I celebrated the other side of forty this past weekend.  I met my sister in New York City.  I have only visited NYC once before – on that trip it was wet and cold and we kept dry in every museum. This time it was hot and I finally had a chance to see both the Highline and Central Park.  Here are a few of my favourite shots.  Over three days we walked over 52000 steps.

The High Line.

IMG_5629

Central Park

IMG_5653

IMG_5654

IMG_5671

IMG_5658

IMG_5662

FAO Schwartz and the Muppets Workshop.

IMG_5690

The {Big} Piano.

IMG_5687

Robert Indiana’s LOVE.

IMG_5709

I dragged my sister to the American Girl shop!

IMG_0704[1]

Lady Liberty (we did the cruise).

IMG_5727

The Times (my favourite newsprint).

IMG_5751

Here are a few candid shots from my Iphone.  We saw Cinderella on Broadway - I have posted before about how much I love Rodger & Hammerstein’s version.  I so hope it comes to Toronto so that I can take the girls.  Birthday dinner was a gastronomic experience with Gordon Ramsey.  We went to Soho and visited the Purl and I splurged on some Liberty fabric (more on that in a future post).

IMG_0718[1]

IMG_0708[1]

IMG_0705[1]

IMG_0702[1]

IMG_0707[1]

IMG_0703[1]

Lots of memories were made!  It was the best weekend.

signature

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your trip to the Big Apple! Gorgeous pics of you and your sis. Looks like you really made the most of your get-away. So many adventures! We're in Texas tonight. 13,500 miles from home. It's crazy hot but we're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! what a perfect way to celebrate! and healthy too with all that walking! Rogers and Hammerstiens Cinderella is the best! I love that version. I used to have a VCR copy.. I should see if I can find it on dvd. anyways.. Im hoping that the show comes to rochester or buffalo so I can go! I went to nyc a couple years ago when it was all decorated for christmas. it was beautiful.. hoping to go again one of these years!
    have a great day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos of a wonderful trip. Your photos make me long to go back to NYC. Happy Birthday and I can't wait to see the liberty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I am sorry I missed it again this year but the reason is that I have it stuck somewhere in my brain that it's in July near my birthday!
    I enjoyed greatly going through your pictures and the story! Hope you show us more of that gorgeous fabric you acquired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing weekend. I love seeing all your great shots. Happy birthday, lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy NYC birthday to you! It looks like you had a fairy tale weekend! I have never been to NYC, would love to go to Purl Soho & MJTrim. Looking forward to your future Liberty fabric post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to visit NYC, lucky you. I have a friend visiting Purl Soho in a couple weeks so I'm all ready to place my order!!
    Happy belated birthday to you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday!! It's great to spend it with loved ones. I see from the pics that the big piano exists and you had a great time in the fabric department :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gordon Ramsey? Yum?

    Love the first photo - can't think of the name of those lilies but I am always tempted to order them to try in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!