Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

Earthdaycollage4(Coffee filter globes, you find tutorial here )

Can you believe it is the fourth week of spring?  For the past few weeks, my daughters and I have been working on a number of  Earth Day projects.

Yesterday, was our annual park clean up.   I have been participating in these sort of clean ups for about ten years.  It is a great way to meet people who live in your neighbourhood, I highly recommend it!

Our park is pretty special – you can (sort of) see the size from the photo below - the park covers a large city block (splash pad and pool, ice rink, playground, two diamonds, a soccer pitch, and a fenced in dog park  - a community garden has recently opened as well). Everyone takes on a small section.  After pitching in, there was a marshmallow roast and cocoa at the fire pit as well as other activities. 

IMG_5175IMG_5176IMG_5178

This month, we also built some bird feeders at a Home Depot workshop. Glittery boots and a hammer.

IMG_5125

IMG_5126

The feeders are being enjoyed by feathered furry friends.

IMG_5188

Our pansies are planted….

IMG_4966IMG_5134

and our snails have returned which makes my younger daughter really happy.

Happy Earth Day,

signature

4 comments:

  1. Awgh what lovely photos!
    You really do a great job with the cleanups! Your neighbourhood deserves praise!
    Your daughter is already glamorous - nailing down bird feeders while wearing glittery boots :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job involving your girls. A marshmallow roast was the perfect way to celebrate all their hard work. I love their sweet birdhouses. Yippee for pansies. Happy Earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snails - probably because they really aren't a problem here. I think they are very cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those glittery boots, an essential part of a young lady's wardrobe I think! I'm very impressed with the bird feeders, they look extremely professional and your photo of the squirrel made me laugh. Such pesky little things.
    Happy weekend KJ x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!