Thursday, December 20, 2012

Food should be prepared with butter and love: Scandinavian Christmas: Kransekake

kransekake6
We have a saying in my family’s kitchen that “food should be prepared with butter and love.”  I am told the saying is Scandinavian (along with this one that I always hear at family reunions: “in my family ketchup is a hot sauce” :)

I am posting about my adventures in making Kransekake over at the Pickled Herring. I do hope you will stop by.

The Norwegian graphic is a paper chain that my grandmother gave me, likely from the 70s. I scanned it and you can find it on my flickr stream if you would like to download a copy of the image for your crafting needs.

Have a great day,
signature

10 comments:

  1. Yum - I am all over the butter thing. Love the painted bread board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butter makes everything better. I think I enjoy things made with it even more now that I can't have traditional sweets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same board, same saying! But ours is in much worse shape. I'm making a square for a wedding quilt for my sister, and I thought to reproduce this board. Would you be willing to help with a better picture? I would be so grateful...

    beth1123 @ comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, thanks for stopping by! I will send you a private message?

      Delete
    2. I scanned the breadboard to my flickr stream in two parts, as it is quite large. I hope you find it helpful.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/letsgoflyakite2010/9472738776/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/letsgoflyakite2010/9469913669/

      Delete
  4. Hi Beth, I will send you a private message!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across this post from a Google search... I have that same exact plaque that you have pictured; I got it from my grandma. It’s such a unique thing, I love that I found someone else with one! Thought I’d share. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!