Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Doll House

I needed to distract my daughters this weekend.  The doll house is now decorated.  I  found three miniature crèches. You can see one above the fire place, one above the pie shelf, and the third is the scene on the retro television.

IMG_3659IMG_3674IMG_3651IMG_3665IMG_3664

You can see the cookie dough rolled out below.

IMG_3647

This is a wooden doll house which I fixed up for the girls (the before/after is the final shot).  The inside is not yet finished.

IMG_3469IMG_3706IMG_4531IMG_3733

IMG_3676

IMG_3672

 

“…This is our first task - caring for our children.

It’s our first job. If we don’t get that right, we don’t get anything right.

That’s how, as a society, we will be judged…”

-  President Obama’s message at the interfaith service

I am so heartbroken for the families of Newtown. 

8 comments:

  1. Your dollhouses are a beautiful reminder of what we all need right now. Pure innocence. Josie and I spent the evening decorating her dollhouse for Christmas. I will share pics on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - your girls are being gifted with so much magic from you!!

    Where ever did you find those creches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new additions to your doll house KJ! My jaw dropped down when I saw the cookie cutters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to decorate my daughter's doll house for Christmas, thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a darling post. I love your dollhouse and the pictures of your little ones decorating it! such tiny details.
    I still have my childhood dollhouse (the Little Blue House) and the little stuffed animals that live in it. (Blue Bear and his family)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am visiting from Kim K's and enjoying seeing your precious doll houses! I'm getting so many great ideas and hope to find one...some day! Happy holidays to your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful wonderful, I too love that cookie moment, I think you are in for hours of play over Christmas.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is sad about the Newtown shootings. Especially so close to Christmas. My heart goes out to the families.

    I hope you and your family have a beautiful Christmas. I am very thankful that my family is safe and well, and I wish that for yours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!