Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Annual Santa Claus Parade

IMG_2715

This past Sunday, we took the girls to the Santa Claus Parade.  The parade is an annual November event  (started in 1905).   Thousands of people line the streets of downtown Toronto. This is the first time we attended (in the past I have been reluctant due to the crowds and the cold, in order to see the parade you have to stake out a spot early!).  The girls loved the experience and the weather couldn’t have been any better.

IMG_2700IMG_2782IMG_2769

lily couldn’t believe there was both a One Direction float AND a Barbie Princess and the Pop star float.

IMG_2742IMG_2731IMG_2764IMG_2762IMG_2760

Swarovski Crystal float, above. Royal Canadian Mounted Police, below.

IMG_2786IMG_2746IMG_2724

The  Grey Cup and Pinball Clemons

IMG_2750IMG_2755

and of course, Santa

IMG_2790IMG_2781

Thanks for stopping by - and to my American friends and family, wishing you a safe and blessed Thanksgiving celebration.

{I hope to be back to more regular posting next week!}

signature

7 comments:

  1. What a fun parade! Looks like perfect weather. Such a darling picture of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great day, how exciting to watch all those wonderful floats go by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic event! The floats look amazing. I especially like the polar bears. The girls look so happy :) I'd would love to attend this some year. I've always wanted to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, too, but I'm not sure I want to deal with the insanity of NYC on that day. Hope you're well, KJ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking us along on the parade, I had no idea this parade even existed & it's been going on for over 100 years? Impressive. My kids really enjoyed seeing the photos of the large LEGO minifigure and the walking gingerbread men (my 2 younger children will be gingerbread men in the St Lucia choir very soon)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The parade looked amazing! I'm not a fan of Tim Horton's but their float was fantastic~ a donut house! Love it! Haakon and Elsa went to the Ottawa parade on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your family had a great time at the parade! I've not been to a parade in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting event for the girls! We haven't been on a parade for ages and I am certain my kids would enjoy it! We enjoyed yours though! I always gather them around me when you have a post with your kids and we read them together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!