Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spa Days

facial10
I was making some pumpkin soup and set aside some puree for facials for me and the girls. {When I was in Las Vegas, I treated myself to a fortieth birthday pumpkin anti-aging peel - it had been a couple of years since I had a facial. When the aesthetician questioned me about my “skin care regime” I had to muffle an answer :) .  Anyway the pumpkin peel smelled so good, but the  product is pricey.} This little home facial is pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, and honey. 
facial11
At Lily’s summer program they had a spa day. Initially, I was sceptical about the idea, but the kids had so much fun.   They made chocolate oatmeal facials and applied it with popsicle sticks. They also rested on their mats with cucumbers on their eyes .
facial4facial9facial5facial6
To celebrate the occasion, Lily brought in emery boards for her friends …
IMG_3635
and of course received a head massage from her buddy.
facial8
I thought I would also share some photos of the nordic baths in Chelsea, Quebec.  When I was visiting my dad, my sister and I spent the good part of a day cleaning out the basement crawlspace.   It felt like there every art project we created from K to grade 13 had been saved (good lesson for me).  There were also some interesting finds, like this …
IMG_3886
…anyway, we worked so hard and my back was aching so much, we decided to spend a couple of hours at the le nordik.   It is a series of baths (from freezing to almost scalding), steam rooms, and saunas.  Highly recommend it if you are ever in the Ottawa area.  You don’t require reservations to access the baths.
IMG_1639IMG_1646IMG_3902IMG_3916IMG_3906IMG_3904
We had a great time even if it was only for a couple of hours.
I hope you are having a great week,
signature

9 comments:

  1. Good gooey fun..and fresh clean skin, that's a great activity. Those pools sound delightful. By the way I'm having a giveaway for a little girl's pink tote that I made yesterday...if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those emery board butterflies are an adorable idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun!! I don't believe my kids would rest down with cucumbers on their eyes (but I may try :)
    The pictures of the pools are amazing - I can only imagine what it was like being there and enjoying a little time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun! Wish we had those when I was a little girl although I don't think I would have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I can see Josie and Emma enjoying a spa day. Love the Grease puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those girls are just darling...and a spa day just sounds fantastic. I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the girls had a fabulous 'day at the spa' :)
    The Nordic Baths look wonderful. I could see myself relaxing in one of those pools.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first photo is absolutely darling...those pools look and sound fun - not all the pics opened so I didn't see what you found...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's such hilarious but fun idea to do in school : SPA DAY!!! little girls need some pampering too, and i think they'll love the idea of imitating their moms. i shall pass this idea on to my teacher friends.

    what a great idea for a DIY facial too. i only go for a facial once in a blue moon, much to the dismay of my aesthetician...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!