Saturday, September 8, 2012

September

backtosch00l

The hardcover of a Canadian reader (c. 1960) from my dad’s basement

Just popping in to wish you a happy weekend. We survived the first week of new routines.    Little one began full day junior kindergarten which has meant losing a two hour nap and getting used to cold packed lunches.   She seems to enjoy kindergarten and meeting new friends although she is very tired at the end of the day.

IMG_3684

I took this photo of the girls in front of the school and made it fancy using picmonkey.

Lily has the same teacher as last year {who she absolutely adores} so she is very happy.  She is also quite pleased with a special Chewbacca backpack toy she received for her birthday.  It makes the sound, you know that special wookie sound.

IMG_3685

I also wanted to mention this sweet and simple craft for Grandparent’s Day . My pal sent me a link to  Grandparent’s Day printable by Make It Handmade.    We used autumn thumbprints instead of green handprints, the girls really enjoyed this activity.

IMG_3694

IMG_3690

IMG_3691

IMG_3692

Have a lovely weekend,

signature

9 comments:

  1. Happy start of school!
    I love seeing kids going to school happy. Jacob came to his senses and now he is the first to wake up fearing he'll be late for school :)
    Love the grandpa greeting card project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, I love the photos and can remember so well hen my two started school and how after lunch they all used to lie own on a mat in the classroom for a quick nap. So sweet.
    Brilliant idea for the cards. We dont celebrate a Grandparent's Day here, I'm not really sure why, it makes perfect sense to me!
    Hope the school days continue to be as exciting as that first!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good when they get teachers they love, feeling accepted and comfortable is a huge advantage at school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Grandparents day?? hmmmm.. I'm a gramma now.. I'll have to let some people know about grandparents day! LOL!
    love the fall fingerprint trees, really cute. As are both of your girls.
    have a relaxed weekend to gear up for the next week of school!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book cover!!

    I bet that is a tough transition for your littlest but it helps that she likes learning and is making friends.

    Chewbacca and Eeyore - what a great combo - your Lily is a character!!

    We made autumn thumbprint trees last year but maybe we should do it again while grandma is here... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls look simply adorable. I love the effect you used with Picmonkey. I thought about you this week as I was rushing about each morning with the girls. Full-day school has made Josie quite tired by bedtime. Not all bad (smile).

    Love the Grandparents Day card. I bet miss Josie would love to do a bit of crafting this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy back to school !
    sweet 'first day' banner you made :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids love finger painting! I would find any excuse to add finger painting into the lesson plans all the time! I hope your children have a great year in school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I didn't know there was a Grandparents Day, and we missed it :-) Transitioning from kindergarten to primary school won't come without small glitches, but they'll smooth over once the little ones get used to the routine - give lots of encouragement! It helps that the teachers are caring too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!