Sunday, August 12, 2012

Star Wars Identities Exhibit : Montreal Museum of Science

IMG_0934
IMG_0932
We took a little getaway with my sister and her family to catch the Star Wars Identities exhibit in Montreal.
{spoiler}
Sneak Peak: Lots of film props and costumes including the famous metal bikini. If you like to look at these sorts of things, you might enjoy this exhibit!
starwars
These young jedis sure did.
IMG_0929
It was no surprise that Lily’s identity was Wicket (I was a wookie).
IMG_0977
IMG_1233
{Star Wars Party – November 2011}
IMG_0976
The jedis also had a chance to explore the children’s area of the museum which was very interactive.  There was a very interesting bubble station!
IMG_1014
For accommodation, we stayed downtown at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth (fitting giving it is the Jubilee year :).  When I was looking through my grandmother’s post card collection, I found a postcard of the hotel from 1962.
QueenElizabethHotel
Jump forward to 2012, the neighbouring cathedral’s roof is now green.  This was the view from our room.
IMG_0926
The next day, we ventured on the metro and took the kids to the biodome which is located in one of the  1976 Olympic venues.  Inside, was very crowded (almost a 40 minute wait just for tickets).  In spite of the crowds, the kids really enjoyed the biodome.  .
IMG_1032
IMG_1067
IMG_1051
We had a great time in Montreal – lots of memories were made!  The exhibit heads to Edmonton in October and more cities to be announced soon. IMG_1022
Thanks for reading and have a great week,
signature

8 comments:

  1. What fun! You really do have some marvelous adventures with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend! Haakon loves spending time with his cousins...glad I finally made it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing your love of the SW I can only imagine how exciting this was!
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful stuff, my children would love to see that exhibition. Particularly my son, but would doubtless have to shield his eyes from Leia in her bikini (he's 12 and all silly now, don't you know!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing... maybe this will come our way? i know 3 people who would enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun thing for you guys to do....an Ewok?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fun exhibition! Do you know if it's going to come to the US? And that picture of the kids under the painting of Yoda is priceless, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah--my city! My brother is in town and we're thinking of going to Star Wars Identities. I can't decide if it's worth the price, but we're both big Star Wars nerds. My kids haven't seen the movies yet.

    And by the way, my kids LOVE the Biodome! We've been so many times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!