Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jubilee Doll house

IMG_2828
There was a little Jubilee surprise for the girls this morning. 
Last week, I found a little wooden doll house display at a thrift shop. It was perfect to create a doll house within our doll house.  The shape is very similar to the large doll house we gave the girls for Christmas.
IMG_2752
My bloggy friend Kim K recently sent us a number of wonderful miniatures including several very special Britannia miniatures. Thank you so much Kim, the miniatures are such a meaningful and thoughtful gift.
A telephone booth and miniature flowers.
IMG_2825 Bangers and mash and a spool lamp.
IMG_2827
A fun shopping tote and a small display doll house.
IMG_2830
A pub sign.
IMG_2829
  A sewing machine also from Kim (I squealed when I saw it).  The Red Rose kettle is one of my Wade figurines and you can see Canada Post’s Jubilee stamp.
IMG_2826
Here is the doll house inside our doll house.  Tea is served.
IMG_2835
IMG_2833
The little prince and princess are from Fisher Price’s Royal Doll House (1996) toy line, called Once Upon a Dream (more information here).   I recently found them second hand along with this gang from the 1990s.  I gave them to Evangeline Hope for her fourth birthday present and she plays with them all of the time.
IMG_8817
IMG_8818
IMG_2837
Thanks for stopping by and happy Jubilee!  {A couple of Jubilee store front windows in my neighbourhood and a few photos my dad scanned for me from his 1952 souvenir newspapers}
IMG_2817IMG_2819




signature

12 comments:

  1. wow, what an exciting time for London, with the Jubilee & then the Summer Olympics !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! You continue to amaze me. Hope the girls enjoy High Tea in their doll house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - the mini dollhouse is absolutely perfect and it is fabulous in their dollhouse - what a neat, neat, neat surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am jealous of your find!
    This is an excellent display! Happy jubilee !

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic, how lucky those girls of yours are. Good to see your shops have entered into the spirit of the Jubilee, those displays are beautiful.
    Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How simply fantastic. A fitting display to honor the jubilee. My husband and I Are away at a bed & breakfast for wedding anniversary. We ate at an English pub last night. I thought of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much awesomeness in that little house. What a perfect bit of jubilee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fun to commemorate! Do they light beacons in Canada too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chris - yes, I believe four beacons were lit in different locations across Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Canadian in me says THANK-YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe the scale of that mini dollhouse and all the miniatures! It's so cute. What a great addition to the girls' dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mini Jubilee dollhouse is so cute. And what a fun idea to leave little surprises in the dollhouse for your girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!