Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Tour

IMG_2954
It was the hottest, stickiest evening of year and we took the kids to the Molson Amphitheatre see the Beach Boys.   We had a fun time listening and dancing to tunes in the lawn seating and it was the perfect way to start the summer.
IMG_2949
IMG_2979
IMG_2955
Lots of  Hawaiian shirt sightings
IMG_2967

IMG_2970
IMG_2978
IMG_2988
IMG_2975
All of Lily’s favourites made the playlist  (Barbara Ann, Surfer Girl, and That’s Why God Made the Radio) so she was satisfied.
IMG_2980
In the days leading up to the show, we worked a little Beach Boys into our Father’s Day crafting (using this song lyric wall art tutorial over at a Beautiful Mess).
IMG_2890IMG_2892IMG_2893 IMG_2916
IMG_2944
IMG_2990
From the dashboard of my heart … have a great day!
signature

8 comments:

  1. How fun! The Beach Boys was my first concert. How fun for the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great kick off to summer for sure! and so totally fun for your girls.. and you!! I love the beach boys.
    Have a great day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. My comment just vanished. I'll try to write what I did previously - I said:
    The photo of the three of you relaxed and listening to the concert is precious! We also love the Beach boys - they are an inseparable part of the music history. Our faves include (besides Barbara Ann) I get around, Good vibrations, Help me Rhonda, Surfin' USA....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! I bet the girls had a great time. I saw the Beach Boys about 15 years ago. Timeless music. Your Father's Day art is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun outing!!! I love the pic of the three of you on the blanket - absolutely darling. We saw them once at MOA at an outdoor show - if I remember correctly, it was one of the times Stamos was with them.

    Love the father's day craft - turned out absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant outing. We LOVE the Beach Boys here .. shame the weather's so rubbish though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a blast! I'd have loved to be there too. Such great music.

    Beautiful art. Wouldn't it be fun to use the same concept with silhouettes or delicate cut outs?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!