Friday, May 4, 2012

National Chinese Acrobats

IMG_9273
I had a welcome distraction and opportunity to see a preview performance of the National Chinese Acrobats in a small setting.   I was in the third row so my view was obstructed by a couple of heads, but I did manage to capture a few shots. 
Plate rolling.
IMG_9270
IMG_9274
Lamp rolling.  Due to our small setting and the existing fire code, the lamps were not lit.  During a full performance at the Sony Centre all of the candelabras are lit.
IMG_9282Lots of juggling.
IMG_9265This couple reminded me of figure skaters. He is supporting her weight on one arm.
IMG_9287
Have a lovely weekend - I intend to post more regularly soon!
signature

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! You were close!! How neat for you to be able to take such great shots.

    We saw an exhibition of various Chinese Arts at the Mall of America last year but I couldn't be that close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we were in Beijing, seeing the acrobats were one of the highlights of our trip. So beautiful and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what the human spirit can achieve? Lovely shots! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must agree with chris! A lot of energy and practice invested in this!Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!