Monday, April 9, 2012

Sakura Hanami – Cherry blossom viewing

IMG_2563

I hope you had a lovely Easter!  We have been out of the city and returned late last night.  I had the day off so the girls and I travelled  across town (17 subway stops!) to view the cherry blossoms at High Park.   {For Torontonians, I have been following this blog  and this blog trying to get a blow by blow so that we wouldn’t miss this special moment. }

IMG_2571

IMG_9134

IMG_9135

IMG_9157

 

IMG_9140

IMG_2570

We had a little picnic under the cherry tree (more details in a separate post)  and when we returned home we tried out the recycled soda bottle cherry blossom craft which was featured on alphamom.  I can’t believe I actually had a Decoart paint called “cherry blossom pink”!  The branches are faux bois contact paper.

IMG_2574

IMG_2576IMG_2578

IMG_2581

IMG_2584

{The mini Kokeshi April calendar is from the Creative Mama.}

We really enjoyed the day!

IMG_2567

Thanks for stopping by,

signature

9 comments:

  1. What a perfect outing. Gorgeous blossoms. Adorable craft and an adorable pic with you and your precious girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've barely spent any time reading blogs lately. So glad yours was at the top of my reader when I decided to check in tonight. What a lovely reminder that spring will (hopefully) arrive here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 subways stops was worth it ~ the cherry blossoms are beautiful, one of my favorite things about spring :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gnarly old trees!!

    Great job on the cherry blossoms - I've seen them - it is always fun to see 'real' people do a craft!! ;)

    Love the little wooden dolls too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favourite activities. I could look at them for hours!
    Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures,I've quite enjoyed the post. And the painting with a plastic bottle bottom has been at the top of activities, but somehow didn't manage to tackle that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great outing. I've been eyeing that soda bottle craft for a while. I think we need to try it out. And you always find such creative uses for faux bois contact paper! I need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty. The craft looks like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's a great idea! i used popped popcorn and dipped them into pink paint (mixed with glue) and stuck them on painted tree branches to make a cherry blossom painting, you can try that with your girls next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great crafty idea! I miss having little girls to craft with. but my grand babies will be old enough someday.. probably in a blink of an eye! Dont you just love the cherry blossoms? Our neighbors have some beautiful flowering trees. I love when they are in bloom. What I'm really waiting for is the lilacs!!
    have a great day!
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!