Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tallulah Halter Dress


IMG_2355
{Seems like I haven’t reported on a sewing project in ages.  It’s not that I haven’t been sewing (I have), it’s just no photos that I am  happy with.}
Anyway, this is a dress from the book Girl’s World designed by Jennifer Paganelli of Sis Boom.  I received the book for Christmas, but I had not attempted any of the projects. A couple of sewing bloggers I read have stitched up this dress for their daughters (examples here and here) and I thought I would give it a try in size small and medium.   Both dresses are quite roomy for my daughters - who are a solid size 5 and 7.  I decided not to make any adjustments and wait until summer. All seams were finished with a serger.
The fabric is an old sheet. You may recall this print in your mum’s 70s linen closet.
It is the perfect frock to fly a kite with your daddy on your 4th birthday.
IMG_8867
IMG_8875
IMG_8881
IMG_8884
…or a good read.
IMG_2353
Have a great day!
This post is linked to

Photobucket
Photobucket
signature

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous dress. I absolutely adore the print. Beautiful pictures (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fabulous frock, what a retro girl you have there, she is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute I love the beach hair too!

    Hope you are well.

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melt my heart. She looks darling - the print is perfect and the photos with her serious yet rapt little face looking up while she flies the kite really they melt my heart with the little braids and the face painting she couldn't be more darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The print is definitely for this kind of dress. It radiates happiness and your daughters are adorable!
    Lovely photos, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is adorable!! Might have to look into getting that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, KJ! I love the print choice. Perfect for your trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I <3 vintage sheets :)
    don't you wish they still made them??
    perfect dresses to wear to the beach

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like one exactly like it. Amazing that those old sheets make such awesome dresses 40 years later!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with this dress! And the vintage sheet....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog via Justine's, and I actually said out loud, "Oh, we had those sheets back in the '70s!!". I wish I could find one at Value Village someday.....I'll keep looking.
    I remember having loads of halter dresses back then too, so what an appropriate use of the fabric.
    I sew for my kids too, and things only last a few months, so all the better to make them roomy to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. It reminds me of the days when I sewed for my little daughter! Alas, I will have to wait for grandkids! Lovely work and beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable! Beautiful photos and that fabric is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute dress. Your daughter is adorable. I love the picture of her with her dad flying the kite. The look on her face is priceless. Thank you for sharing at the Vintage Sheet Blog Weekend Link Up Party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!