Tuesday, February 14, 2012

St. Valentine’s Day

IMG_2165

Happy Valentine’s Day!

My bloggy friend Kim sent us these beautiful chocolate boxes. She has a great post on her blog about how she embellishes chocolate boxes with fun images, scrapbook paper, crepe paper and trims. I already have visions of setting up a pretend sweet shop for the girls, so I am going to ask everyone I know to set aside their empty heart-shaped boxes for us to work with (the wheels are turning!).

The other day, Lily wanted to know about the story of St. Valentine so after realizing I could not provide her with a satisfactory response due to my murky understanding of the origins of the holiday, I decided to get her Robert Sabuda’s book, we have other books from the same series and enjoy them. This account is about how Valentine heals his jailer’s blind daughter {but the healing does not prevent Valentine’s martyrdom}.

IMG_2166

Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day,

signature

6 comments:

  1. Have a lovely Valentines with your sweet girls!! Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of doing the same thing when my box of chocolates was empty, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely!!!
    Especially the one that says "Love you to pieces"!!

    Happy Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real story is a lovely one, isn't it? I think we read a de Paola one from the library several years ago.

    I love the tea towel background - absolutely gorgeous and very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely! I love the "Love you to pieces!" :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!