Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If there were such a thing as a heaven for embroidery…

I am sure it would be filled with lovelies like these

IMG_2100

IMG_2099

IMG_2098

My bloggy friend Melissa is working on an amazing deer cross stitch right now.  When I saw this piece I thought of her project.

IMG_2097

IMG_2103 

IMG_2060

IMG_2101

I stumbled upon this grand collection of hand embroidered pillow cases at the Value Village.  They washed up well and I gave the “darling” ones to my darlings for Valentine’s Day. I pumped up the ISO to about 3600 to take this photo in the dark!

IMG_2126I am taking a mini holiday so things will be quiet around here.

Carmel_Street_Sign{Image via}   

Talk to you soon,

signature

13 comments:

  1. enjoy your mini holiday ~ see you when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ these are gorgeous!! You know I am interested in embroidery and I quite enjoy looking at embroidered pieces!!

    Enjoy your holiday to the fullest and we'll be waiting for you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful linens. Have a splendid mini holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a treasure trove you found! You sleeping dolly is precious. Enjoy your break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are just gorgeous, beautiful stitchwork and I love the look on those ladies' faces.
    3600 ISO, wow .. mine will only go up to 1600.
    Have a wonderful break xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you--that is SUCH a wonderful destination! Oh, how I miss Highway 1.

    Great find on the pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all beautiful but I especially love the deer - they are so sweet.

    Have a great mini-break...

    Love the photo of your little one...nice capture Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always baffled when people find these things at the thrift store. This is NOT what I find. I must be looking in the wrong place! I hope you have a great break. I think I need one of those too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've been really lucky with thrift store treasures! The pillowcases are beautiful and in wonderful condition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh beautiful pillow cases! Hope you have a lovely break.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty embroidery. Hope you have a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sometimes you find great things at Value Village, but you gotta have the eye. you definitely have the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! What a find. I love the nighttime photography :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!