Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bear / Doll Carrier from Little Things to Sew

IMG_8406
ummm or Unicorn carrier….

This month, I joined in with Jessica over at a little gray's Little Things to Sew-along.   This carrier has been on my “sewing to-do list” for a long time and was the reason I purchased the book last spring – especially after I saw Holly's post about her completed carrier.  The sew-a-long was just what I needed to stop procrastinating further.
I stitched up two carriers - one for Hope and for her little friend who turns four this week.
IMG_8403
For the exterior, I used Robert Kaufmann’s Sweet Tooth fabric and for the interior and the straps, cream corduroy.  The instructions suggest cotton batting, but I used fusible fleece which worked fine. 
IMG_8411Here is Hope sporting her new carrier.  She likes to play “family” and loves playing with dolls.  I recently found this particular doll at St. Vincent de Paul.  It is a Horsman doll (1976). She named her Annika - she names all of her dolls Annika (her favourite Pippi Longstocking character).
bearcarriercollage
It felt good to finally complete this project and I think Hope will enjoy it.
Wishing you a great week,
signature

16 comments:

  1. Very sweet. Another fabulous project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ack ! I had no idea there was a little things to sew sew-along going on... that would have been fun to join, but I already sewed 4 items from the book & I think that's all I want to sew from it for now....
    anyway, don't you just love that book !?! your doll/unicorn carriers turned out perfect, how nice that you made 2, now your daughter & her friend can be twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys each have a collection of 'my guys' -- random teddy bears they like to hold on to. I think this carrier would be perfect for them.

    You version turned out beautifully. Corduroy is such great fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the fabric choice. What a great gift, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doll carriers are adorable, cute fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos of your girls modeling the end result with their babies...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is adorable! I love it. What a cute little project. I'm off to check out the book now! You temptress!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It came out beautifully. I love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect combination of project, fabrics, and happy results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just too sweet. I wish Tori's mom had this kind of talent! :)
    Have a great week also,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great fabric. Love the tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. a really sweet carrier for a very sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the corduroy on the lining! Thanks for joining in this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!