Thursday, December 8, 2011

Remembering

Great John Lennon Quotes - Image via
I had one of those days where I was so caught up in other things and life happened.  She will be okay. Just a few stitches on the chin which conveniently coincided with the professional photographer's ballet studio photo shoot.

And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight
A very merry Christmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

Even though I was just 8 years old, I remember exactly where I was.

9 comments:

  1. KJ, I was only four, and I remember, vividly, exactly where I was.

    Also, I had 10 stitches in exactly the same spot as your daughter! And there can be worse timing--I got mine two days before the first day of my first year of middle school at a new school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, ouch ! I knew we were kindred spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe - I had them in my chin too. C didn't have stitches but she did peel all the skin off her nose: http://thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com/2006/11/right-between-eyes.html

    (You don't have to read all the stuff!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little sweetheart. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog over this last week. I'm ready to start enjoying the holiday season after so much "life" this past week. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine had them in the same spot. I hope the procedure was not too traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KJ, for consolation, my daughter is a whirpool and when she was 5 fell down and got the same "injuries". Only we managed to get without the stitches. It's life. I can't find any photos of my childhood where me or my sister are without bruises and plasters on our knees :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, that will stop you in your tracks, won't it?! Glad she's back to smiling already (kids are so much more resilient than we are!)...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think injuries like that just add character...and memories. Despite the bandaids, it's such a lovely picture of your darling girl. Her eyes just shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can add me to the list of people who have also had stitches in the chin :) I agree with Chris, the photo is really lovely. So glad she's OK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!