Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Wizard of Oz Doorway Puppet Theatre

IMG_1105
Sorry for the long silence, I have been learning to knit and have been distracted by British sewing magazines.  My pal has been accumulating them from her friends and family who have been visiting the UK. We are starting a collection.  Lots of inspiration.
IMG_0734 IMG_0735 IMG_1039 IMG_1040
I was quite thankful for the time change this past weekend.  It makes the mornings a little easier.  With the extra hour,  I decided to sew because I prefer to sew than sleep.  The  Bend-the-rules-sewing puppet theatre has been on my “to do” list for over a year and I purchased a few prints from Quilting Treasure’s Wizard of Oz fabric ages and ages ago with the project in mind. 
I will be giving the puppet theatre to the girls for Christmas.   I always have visions of sugarplums and a 100% handmade Christmas, maybe this will be the one – but I  will have to you know get Lily on board and come to grips with the fact that a zhuzhu pet is not handmade.
IMG_1100
IMG_1102
I used some denim from daddy’s pant leg to make the carrier. Still waiting for the perfect button so the closure isn’t complete.  I know I have a retro gingham one somewhere in my stash…
IMG_1101
Have a great week,

This is linked to
the Polkadot Chair
Photobucket

signature

13 comments:

  1. What a fabulous project! I'm sure the girls are having a ball playing with their puppets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that!!!! That fabric is just delightful. I bought a doorway puppet stage last year for Josie's Christmas and jazzed it up. You are reminding me I should dig it back out again. She hasn't played with it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have raised the bar KJ! I have no excuse but to finish (um, start) mine. Well done! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those British sewing magazines look like a lot of fun :)
    it's funny not too long ago we both had Rapunzel on our minds, now it's the Wizard of Oz... I'm soon going to be sewing some Oz costumes (my oldest son will be performing in that musical)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are learning to knit! Can't wait to hear about that too.

    Am sure the girls will love the puppet theatre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I can't wait to see what you're knitting. I have a few projects I wanna do myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. KJ the puppet theater is great and I am sure the girls would be thrilled. The fabric is fabulous! And that pile of sewing magazines looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, KJ. Fantstic job. The girls will adore it. And I'm so excited that you are learning to knit! I've tried a few times but just couldn't get into it. I'm hoping to try crochet next year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay,KJ...I so love this. Your girls are going to be thrilled! Oh how I wish I had your talent!!! You go girl for a totally homemade Chrismas!!!

    Hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I bet your girls will love the puppet theater, so much better than a zhuzhu pet if you ask me.

    By the way, The Wizard of Oz is one of my all time favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a great gift! The kids'll be thrilled. The Wizard of Oz fabric is perfect for it too!

    Oh, good for you for doing the handmade Christmas. I've been trying to get my husband on board for years to no avail... I still make at least one handmade gift for everyone every year so, you know, I try...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you can pack it away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your theater!! My mom has always been a huge fan of the wizard of oz, so it's dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!