Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Reversible Clothing: The Change Your Mind skirt from 1, 2, 3 Sew
My daughters like to wear skirts, especially the little one. She has developed strong views and refuses to wear pants. I have restricted my kids weeks sewing to garments the girls will wear and that are a simple sew. I absolutely love the Change Your Mind skirt in 1-2-3 Sew book because
1. I am able to destash – a reversible skirt takes up twice as much fabric
2. There are no exposed seams = a professional looking garment
3. You can customize this skirt by using any sort of trim (more destashing, yeah!
4. The skirt is an easy sew – 1-2 hours. I stitched up these skirts after the girls went to bed.
5. You can adapt this skirt for fall and still use up your quilting cottons.
For this version I used corduroy on one side and a quilting cotton (Marie Osmond 2008 for Quilting Treasures) on the other. Trim jumbo ric rac.
I also made this skirt using licensed Angelina Ballerina fabric and eyelet trim.
The reverse is purple and white polka dot.
I am not sure she will ever wear the purple side, she likes Angelina Ballerina too much. I am just happy these skirts are enjoyed.
PS. Modern Kiddo stitched up these skirts for her book review and they look really cute.