Sunday, October 16, 2011

Forest Friends Hooded Scarf

IMG_0958

This is my final kids clothes week project {I think, errrr … unless I have the sudden urge to sew at 3 am or something like that}.  I have a couple of other wips, but nothing finished or ready to photograph (fingers crossed they won’t become a rip).

About a year ago, I won a yard of Cloud 9’s Organic Forest Friends flannel from a giveaway over at From an Igloo.

Lily doesn’t have any scarves (unlike mum, eesh) - so I stitched her up a hooded scarf.  There are tutorials out there, but this one is my own construction - figuring it out on my own. In addition to the flannel, I incorporated chocolate brown minkie left over from the run for the cure t-shirt quilt and blue pompom trim.

IMG_0952 IMG_0953 IMG_0959

The temperature has now officially dropped so this is a useful piece. I think she thinks so too.

IMG_0950 It’s been a fun week. The challenge lit a fire under me, it was time to bust through the stash.  I didn’t purchase a single item and only used what I had on hand. I feel quite happy about that.

Have a great week,

signature

13 comments:

  1. You know I'm totally smitten with your owl fabric. Such a lovely cozy piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter has a little blanket with that brown bumpy fabric (it's super soft), the blue pompom trim is adorable & how fortunate that you won the Cloud 9 flannel !

    bravo to you for using only fabrics from your stash ~ I'm super impressed !

    I have some more items to sew, the week went by too fast :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for stashbusting and a super cozy looking hooded scarf! The minky and flannel together will be so soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stash would certainly appreciate a little room because it is getting a bit crowded there on the shelves :)
    I love how you matched the two pieces to get this adorable hooded scarf! And we all see that Lily is happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet scarf - and sweeter pics of a happy Lily - love the last photo...hope she uses it well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous idea. I love the combination of a hood and scarf. I may have to make some for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you've done here KJ. The brown textural fabric echoes the pompoms you've used and looks really clever and the owl flannel is adorable.
    The temperature is dropping here too and so far dry so I'm very happy about that.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, KJ! I love the pom pom trim... great touch. Minky is so soft... I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great little design! love your fabric choices too, especially the minky. it looks cozy. I sure could use a hooded scarf. It's getting cold out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always in awe of your sewing talents. Cute, cute fabric...and a little doll to go with it! She is such a pretty little girl.

    Warm hugs,
    Cindy

    PS--I can't believe my luck on those Oz figures. The lady two streets over was doing a major clean out of her years collecting treasures. She just wanted to get rid of everything at cheap prices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so fabulously cosy looking I am very tempted to make something similar for myself. Love those Cloud 9 Flannels for kids especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just adore this and love that fabric - I have the blue/green bunny scheme. About a year ago I bought a hooded scarf pattern but have yet to make it. This winter I will - thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!