Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to school

Obibelt
Lily is only in grade one. She doesn’t have a clue about the whole “back to school” shopping thing and I am very happy about that.  She picked out her own outfit.  A thrifted dress. The label is Zara, but I scored the dress at Value Village for $5, never worn. 
She wanted a belt for the dress, so I stitched up an obi-style belt with a Japanese fat quarter from my stash  (a little owl print – the fabric is from Kalisti Quilts, but no longer available).   {As for the hair, she insisted on wearing a plastic poinsettia cake decoration from our Christmas yule log}.
first day
She had a great first day, so I am happy about that too. I hope your “first day back” went well !
signature

11 comments:

  1. Could she be any cuter!!! Yippee for a good first day of school at your house too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ this is amazing! When I first saw the dress I just sat looking at lovely Lily admiring it for a while! I think it is absolutely gorgeous!! And that obi belt is the perfect detail! That is one great thrift find let me tell you!
    And judging by her smile I can tell she had a fab day at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a doll! I love her dress! Im glad she enjoyed her first day of school. All of these blogs highlighting the first days back to school are making me miss my little children days! (sigh)~
    but I shall live vicariously through the rest of you.. until my little torry pie starts school anyways!
    I hope Lilys 2nd day goes as well as her first. have a great day!
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest little story. I love the plastic poinsettia in her hair! My oldest insisted on wearing rainbow striped leg warmers (with shorts) to the grocery store this week in 85 degree weather. I love the choices kids make :) Glad she had a great first day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just love a great deal !?!
    our first day back did go well & my kids were tired last night

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun find! I love the owl fabric in the belt. I hope she had a fantastic day at school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie she is! That dress reminds me of Holly Hobbie...and her choice of flower is fun and festive! Little girls tickle me with what they put together to wear. Accessories are a must in their little minds. So glad her day went well!
    Hugs and smiles,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfit, but I love even more that she has her own personal style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks as lovely as anything. Gorgeous! I would love a dress like this one. One of my sons has very strong views about his clothes - his current fave outfit is red trousers plus orange sweater. It makes your eyes water but he loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!