Sunday, August 14, 2011

Apricot Freezer Jam

008_crop

My oldest daughter loves apricots and apricot jam. When we were at the 1812 re-enactment she tried an apricot jam tart, apparently from an 19th c. recipe.  Given her interest, and only three ingredients are required, I thought it would be a nice project to try at home.

Apricots at the farmer’s market. Needed 3 litres.

012

I used the wisdom of this recipe on the Homesick Texan and this post on David Lebovitz.  Cooked the apricots for about an hour.001 Until they started to look like this.

002 A couple of hours in the fridge. Voila, weekend brunch.

007

I used the Ball freezer jam jars.  We have a tiny freezer so these containers are more practical.

009

I then attempted to recreate the 1812 tarts using *premade frozen* mini pastry shells. They were devoured so I had a brief supermum moment.

  

Have a lovely week and thanks for stopping by,

 

signature

7 comments:

  1. You are supermum! Enjoy it and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I think it is one of the most tasteful jams. Along with the one my mom in law makes out of plums... pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your blog over my morning coffee and wishing I had some of that lovely jam next to me. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm! love apricot and peach jams, I should be making some apricot jam for my hubby as its his favorite! and today would be a good day to do it because its his birthday! dont think its going to happen though.. not today anyways.
    thanks for the inspiration though.
    have a great week
    xo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure your supermum moments aren't brief at all. No. You're always supermum in my books. This looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum.....

    Don't you love supermum moments? I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!