Sunday, June 19, 2011

What would Charles Ingalls do?


This is our handmade Father's Day gift (which was accompanied by the complete season 5 of LPH). 

I created some fabric notebook paper (The 'Ol Stitcharoo has a little tutorial here).   Once the notebook fabric was created,  Lily wrote the words in pencil in her own writing and I embroidered over top.

For the notebook fabric, I used heavy white twill, then I sandwiched some insulbrite batting and backed it with some ticking (old pair of shorts!).
Next, I added three eyelets and bound the entire piece with vintage red gingham bias tape (I found it here).  It was a nice way to preserve our daughter's 5 year old handwriting.

{If you love Charles, I came across this adorable mug on Etsy}
Linked to
sew many ways

11 comments:

  1. what a clever idea ! that notebook fabric is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful gift and I love how you are preserving that beautiful handwriting.

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so adorable. And I love that Dad is a fan of Charles Ingalls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely project and a wonderful present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a thoughtful gift. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so lovely, I imagine 'fan of Charles Ingalls' was very pleased. I love the little sp mistake!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a great way to incorporate a little one's handwriting into the gift. so very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the embroidered child hand writing. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful work!! congratulations:)
    saludos desde Argentina !!!
    JOR:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant - we absolutely adore the Ingalls family around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is hilarious! I love it!!! I really like the addition of the eyelets for the notebook paper. Great idea (and great binding, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!