Thursday, June 9, 2011

Peanuts Wedding Decorations

Ugh! I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! Get hot water! Get some disinfectant! Get some Iodine!Lucy Van Pelt


My friend (the baking barrister) was the maid of honour for her sister's wedding. She asked me to assist her with a couple of sewing-related projects to celebrate her sister's nuptials.

I have a little love affair with  Hong Kong.  My husband and I had a chance to visit Hong Kong about 10 years ago.  I remember every moment of that holiday, including a visit to McDonald's because I really needed a hash brown instead of dim sum.   In Hong Kong, wedding car decorations incorporating plush characters are very popular.  The happy couple chose Lucy and Snoopy (Joe Cool).  These plush characters were from McDonalds in Hong Kong and are considered collectibles.  You can purchase these sorts of toys in the original packaging on ebay.  This particular series was released in 2005, to celebrate 55 years of Peanuts.

I created a wedding dress and veil for Lucy and Joe Cool wore a purple cummer bund and a bow tie.  Lucy's veil is attached with pearl floral pins. I used the same pins to create "pearl studs" and I beaded a little pearl necklace (it's June after all).The happy couple sits on a Styrofoam wreath form covered in purple tulle and under Woodstock's careful watch.

The ring bearer pillow is created using Grosgrain's tutorial.  The "brooch" is actually an old piece of kitchen cabinet knob hardware. I sawed off the post (yes a little elbow work was involved ) and I attached a brooch with E6000 glue.  I finally found a somewhere in Toronto which sells this glue !

I love weddings!  Have a happy weekend,

11 comments:

  1. Wow. I am always impressed at what you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, was Martha in Toronto? You lucky/ducky!

    I love weddings too! What fun you must have had doing this!

    Have a great weekend. Beaches Craft Show?

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I love collecting her (Martha's) cook books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun and super creative. Peanuts are awesome and what a fun way to incorporate them into a wedding. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Peanuts wreath for the car. Too cute! What a fun tradition. And the ring bearer pillow is beautiful. Great work, KJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not everyone can say they've sewn a wedding gown for a celeb like Lucy!

    And yes, that glue is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so much fun! I especially love little Woodstock sitting up top. Love weddings with a bit of personality in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun and cute is that!!! Your creativity and talents amaze me...

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Cindy

    I think we all have a little "Martha" in us somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love this!! Everything you did for the wedding is simply amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful wedding. I have a story about meeting Martha too. She even wrote that I would be the next Martha Stewart. One day I am going to put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice concept!!! very creative and unique !!! baby bean bag

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!