Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crafting with my Kids: Footprint Butterflies

I haven't posted about our crafty adventures for awhile.  There are a number of large uncompleted rainy moment projects, but mostly we have been playing outside, puddling around the garden, taking off training wheels, potty-training etc.    I realized this past weekend that we hadn't made any Father's Day Cards so we got out the paints.  [Unfortunately, due to the Canada Post postal strike disruption I doubt these will reach their intended recipients in time (so this spoiler post is a good thing).]
The inspiration for this project came from a really neat blog called Handprint and Footprint Art, and specifically this butterfly footprint.    Instead of a paper collage, we created our footprints on muslin fabric and then I stitched the muslin to card stock to make a greeting card in the shape of a butterfly.
There were lots of giggles involved when the girls painted each other's feet.
I have also been on a mission to print out photos on my camera's memory card, while doing that I printed some extras to make a photo wreath. The girls enjoyed going through the photos over the past year and picking out which ones to include.  Digital photos are great, but there is something really nice about  holding a physical snapshot.
I hope you are having a great week,

9 comments:

  1. What darling crafts for Father's day!! You are always inspiring. I'm so behind on this holiday. I'm still wresting with superhero decorations for Josie's upcoming party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he will love it, such an original and fun idea. I really like the hat you made too (as did that horse), I need to get one for my girl so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for using footprints...I bet he'll treasure those little ones forever!
    I agree with you about real prints..it is good to be able to hold them in your hand and examine them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea! I love the footprints :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid! It reminds me of last summer when we did the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love hand print and footprint crafts (thanks for the link). I've seen footprint butterflies before but this take of yours is brilliant - I have ideas!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that the girls painted each other's feet! Too cute! The cards are adorable... love the stitching, and the wreath is fantastic. Great ideas, KJ.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how it looks of the fabric! Makes it even more keepsake-like. Thanks for the link back to our butterfly post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!