Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ruffled Bloomers and other Little Treasures

This was a project that I almost gave up on.  

Awhile back I came across some ruffled fabric at a steal. I have been looking for ruffled fabric so that I could make the girls some ruffled bloomers using No Big Dill's tutorial.  I was able to make the bloomers no problem, but I could not attach the elastic directly to the ruffled fabric. For some reason, my machine did not like the combination of the elastic and the ruffled fabric.  The machine kept skipping stitches or creating birds nests in the bobbin.   

I put the project aside for a couple of weeks and then had one of those "a-ha" moments.  I remembered that  the Mother Huddle recently posted a tutorial about making a smooth waistband t-shirt knit elastic casing.  It works really well. Problem solved.
The girls enjoyed their new bloomers so much.
The lovely crochet necklaces are a special gift from Maya over at Little Treasures.   Maya does absolutely beautiful work.   Her work is flawless.


Have a lovely weekend and check out all the great projects at
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

12 comments:

  1. i absolutely love the ruffles bloomers you sewed !!! super adorable models, too :) i need to find some ruffle fabric !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is something Eva would die to have since she is obsessed with leggings and bloomers and I on the other hand am crazy over ruffles :)
    I think you did a stunning job and seeing this I may collect a little courage and make this for Eva.
    Love seeing the girls with the crochet necklaces KJ! Thank you for the sweetest words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bloomers are stunning, I'm so pleased you didn't give up on them, as are your girls from the looks on their faces. I must look out for ruffled fabric now. Maya's work is beautiful, the colour combination she's used is so pretty - she does fabulous cutwork too.
    Happy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling are they!!!! You always impress me. Your girls are just beautiful. The necklaces are the perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the bloomer, the necklaces and especially those girls - adorable!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are so stylish! Love the bloomers - I don't know where you're hanging out to come up with all this great stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those little bursts of inspiration...and all the wonderful things that we can find in blogs. Your girls are so adorable. Those curls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the epitome of cuteness are your children in these bloomers! and it's so nice to see Maya's necklaces on their little necks too. Wow, blogland is a small land.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those little bloomers couldn't be cuter! Fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE these! So sweet and chic! I've had the NBD tutorial favorited for a while now and still haven't tried it... thanks for sharing your sweet project and reminding me of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so sweet! I would LOVE for you to share these at my For the Kids link party! Come join the fun!!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute, KJ. Great idea to switch to a different waistband style. And Maya's necklaces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!