In anticipation, I wanted to share this fun flower shop dramatic play center my sister created for her students to celebrate Mother's Day and planting season.
I loved this drama centre as I have a weakness for flowers and flower shops. When I retire from my day job, I hope to open a flower shop, the sort of shop with a lots of big drums in the storefront and lots of variety. Nothing too fussy. Flower shop dramatic play is a wonderful way to teach your child about the varieties of flowers. Another useful tool I use is that when walking my girls to school each day, we discuss what is in bloom each week. Lily is now able to teach her younger sister, in sequence of bloom.
Flower Shop Dramatic Play Materials:
1. AJ purchased inexpensive artificial flowers from Michael's at the end of last summer they were discounted by 90% (keep this in mind!).
2. Plastic window boxes lined with cardboard to plant flowers (cut slits in the cardboard for the flowers to be planted)
3. plastic gardening tools, shovels, rakes, water cans, children's gardening gloves from the dollar shop
4. plastic vases
5. flower pots
6. cash register
7. order forms
8. two telephones to take orders
9. coloured tissue paper to wrap bouquets of flowers
10. card stock to write notes for the bouquets
The students wrote their own word cards of different flower names. Two telephones were set up so they could take pretend phone orders. Sparkle box has printable flower shop order forms .
This post is linked to
Have a lovely week,