Sunday, May 1, 2011

Crafting with my Kids: Our May Day Egg Carton Flowers


Sometimes our crafting projects take several sessions to complete. This was one such project.  A few weeks ago, I acquired a number of egg cartons and trays from my local eatery.  Inspired by this post on Intimate Weddings, we set out to create a bouquet.    The egg carton flowers were painted over a few different sessions.


The individual flower petal layers were then glued together (white craft glue) to create flowers and threaded onto pipe cleaners.
The vase is a paper doily modge-podged to an old jar.



We also planted some pansies and yesterday's park clean up was a huge success. 


Have a great week,
This post is linked to

10 comments:

  1. The flowers turned out great! I love the dimension extra layers give them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your egg carton flowers are just dandy.
    Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pansies are one of my favourite spring flowers. That and tulips. These are so darn cute!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my !! I love them!!!
    I have been collecting egg cartons for quite a while now for an interesting project I plan to do, but I might as well use some to do this! And I will because they are so appealing!
    Thank you, thank you so much KJ for the lovely idea (and link)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They came out great!
    Marcia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These flowers are beautiful. I love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love those cool flowers! I was thinking of you while I watched the Royal Wedding...Wasn't it magical?

    Have a great week!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We made egg carton flowers into a wreath at school recently but we stuck to a simple daisy type shape - I have stacks and stacks of egg cartons because I do paper mache with them but I have way more than I will ever use... :)

    I think that we will try some of the variations I see here - I particularly like the one that looks a bit like an iris in the fifth picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!