Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I have been busy with the spring cleaning ritual.  I will spare you shots of the refrigerator, under the sink, and the five + bags of yard waste, but I will show you a few shots from the craft department.

We recently purchased something (can't recall a.k.a. must have been a mister purchase) that came packed in a bunch of rectangle Styrofoam. The Styrofoam proved very useful to store my large trims.

Sidebar:[the topic of Craft supply organization is very dear to me - I have posted about how I store my ribbon here and here ; my needles here;  my thread here and how I store my miscellaneous supplies here. If I don't know where things are it kills me!].


When I was cleaning up my basement, I found an old wooden spice rack that we no longer use. It is just about perfect for storing our paint supply.
I am not sure whether this really can be classified as "spring cleaning," but it was instantly gratifying to store all my tapes on a pant hanger (I think I may have saw this idea on Better Homes, but I can't recall).
and I finally finished the girls' art caddy. You can find the tutorial over at the Crafters File Box.

So that's a little round up. I have decided to spare you a shot of all the expired medicine from medicine chest.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful eye candy. I'm loving this post. You make spring cleaning look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring cleaning... definitely will be doing some of this too... Can you tell I'm excited.

    The spice rack is perfect for paint storage and that craft caddy is so cute, KJ. Looks like you're on the organizational ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for a spice rack like that for ages, for exactly that purpose. Never see them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The spice rack is a fantastic place for storing paints!! Love how you get organized KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the thought of spring cleaning! It is on my list when back from vacay!

    Your ideas are very neat! Pardon the pun!

    Your tapes all look so fun!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that first photo ~ oh, wow ! i sure enjoy having a peek at your ribbon & trim collection ~ can't wait to see what you make out of it !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas, KJ. The spice rack is genius. I love the girls' art caddy, too. I've been considering making one for a while now. I think you've just inspired me to get on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You definitely scored an awesome spice rack! Those are hard to come by that look that nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!