Monday, April 25, 2011

Niagara Falls

We love to take the girls to spots that we enjoyed growing up.  I never tire of Niagara Falls (I don't care too much for the touristy areas around the falls, but I love the falls).

Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. After visiting the Butterfly Conservatory (I will post photos of the conservatory in a future post), we drove to the falls. It was the girls' first time to the falls.

There was a perfect rainbow.



The daffodils were also putting on a show. 

In the evening, we had a chance to see falls on the Niagara Sky Wheel.  This giant ferris wheel opened in 2006.  The ferris wheel that I enjoyed as a child is no longer around (it was located across the street in the old Maple Leaf Village and dismantled in 1993).



It was a wonderful day and lots of memories were made.
Have a great week!


9 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos. The girls have never been to Niagara falls. We need to get this on the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I haven't been there since I was a child. The falls are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-you-ti-ful. I've never been to the falls...and I love seeing your photos. Such a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a breath-taking site I wish I could visit one day!! Fabulous photos KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to do that darn sky wheel!

    Your kids are just adorable. A beautiful family!

    have a great week yourself!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome pictures and I'm sure those memories will last a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are beautiful! I have been curious about Niagara Falls now for a while -- one day I want to make the trek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been to Niagara Falls in years. My husband has never been, and we always talk about bringing our girls some day. I had no idea about the Niagara Sky Wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say, "Hi". This post brings back happy memories of my visit to Niagara years ago!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!