Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mr. McGregor's Carrots

I really love the whole carrot crafting trend {e.g. Lori over at Be Different Act Normal has posted about a number of carrot crafting ideas here,  here,  here and here.}

I feel very blessed to have kids who eat their veggies, including carrots.  Sadly, the girls' play kitchen is lacking in the veggie department, so I was really happy to stumble upon Kara's fabric tutorial.   I used orange quilting fabric leftover from my fabric pumpkins. The greenery springs are from dollar shop artificial turf (@$2 a square foot - I actually purchased it for another future project, umm ... I hope you'll stay tuned). 



The carrot boutonniere is inspired by this post on Aesthetic Outburst .


The day I made these carrots, I was so inspired that I got my Japanese mandolin out and made some carrot slaw (the mandolin frightens me, it's been in the cupboard for 2 years) and we re-read my original 1974 childhood copies of Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit & Benjamin Bunny!

So that's the scoop - I hope you are having a lovely week!
This post is linked to
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

14 comments:

  1. They turned out wonderfully! I love the greenery you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the fabric that you used on your carrots. I was so inspired with felt food after your initial post a few months ago, that I whipped up felt carrots for Josie's Chinese New Year food. I need to get her cooking again. I still need to make felt chocolate rabbits too.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabric carrots: perfect for Easter! orange is so warm and sunny and I look forward to seeing what more you do with this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my lordy those carrots are cute but seriously those pumpkins! I can't stand how cute they are! I am pumpkin crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.. I love the fabric you used for the carrots!!
    Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO precious. Love the little carrot on her shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The carrots are adorable, but the boutonniere is too sweet! I love Benjamin Bunny and his little clogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you incorporated the artificial turf into the carrots. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! Bookmarking this so I can make it for my little guy next week! Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!