Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Doll Cradle and Union Jack Doll Quilt

This is a project which I started last year, but only recently finished.   A neighbour was getting rid of this doll cradle.

The timing was perfect.  I have been searching for a second hand doll cradle for awhile. My little one likes to put her babies to night-night.  This cradle, however, was in rough shape, but I saw some potential.

Before committing to the project, I used one of those lead check kits to determine whether it was safe (it was!). I then sanded it, primed and painted it white.  The cradle require some bedding, so I made a little doll quilt using LillyBlossom Union Jack pattern.  I adjusted the pattern to fit a rectangle and the rose fabric is from a vintage pillowcase.  Altogether it was a very inexpensive project, it took some time to complete.

 Looking forward to Friday!
This post is linked to
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. a really cute cradle and I love that quilt. Really nice project!

    lea
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling makeover. That quilt is just lovely. Your girl's baby looks nice and cozy in her new bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so cute! I would have never thrown that cradle!! You redid it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing what a new paint job can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic job you've done, I love that quilt so much. Beautiful photos of Niagara too!

    Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, the quilt is adorable. I didn't know about the lead testing kits. Those would be handy to have. Home Depot?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the quilt...especially in the pretty pastels. What a great find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a lovely job on the wee quilt. The doll looks ready for a nice long nap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful quilt. I know that your girls will have fun with it now and treasure it when they grow older.
    Have a great Tuesday!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job you did on the lovely cradle. I've got two I'm needing to "redo"...never enough time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cradle is beautiful, and I absolutely LOVE the Union Jack quilt. Fantastic fabric choices... very unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!