Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crafting with my Kids: Crazy Quilt Easter Eggs

We had a lovely weekend. It was beautiful on Saturday and while Sunday started out rainy, the sun came out in the late afternoon.  While it was raining, the girls asked for a craft. 

I recalled that Allison over at Cluck Cluck Sew had posted about some scrap monograms that she worked on with her little guy.  I thought I would adapt the idea for Easter eggs.  We used cereal box cardboard, Modge Podge, and the scraps were pinked about one inch squares.




Here are the finished eggs they remind me of crazy quilts.  This was an ideal rainy day project for kids who enjoy gluing.  Another approach might be to cut the fabric in strips for a different effect, or add buttons or sequins.

This egg was "embellished" with puffy paint for a different effect. I pasted it on an old box from last Easter.


As for the Easter basket - here is the before shot.  My girlfriend was going to toss it but I thought it still had some life in it.

I primed and painted it and added a vintage sheet lining and some trim.


Have a lovely week! This project is linked to Someday Crafts Easter Link Up



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

12 comments:

  1. Very clever. I love the look. I can totally see Josie getting into this project. Gluing is one her favorite activities. Nice job with the basket make-over too.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, how my boys love to glue things! The eggs turned out cute, and what a nice way to use up some tiny scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can u not love these?!!! Easter is just fun!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this CRAFT!! I have plenty of scraps to make useful!! AWESOME IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! Since I am into all fabric-y things made I simply adore these eggs! Along with that box and the basket this is one fantastic Easter project!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute. I especially love that Strawberry Shortcake's face is peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what I have been waiting for! I have some fabric scraps left from Tori's 100 wishes quilt and hated to toss them. What an awesome idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing! Really cute basket makeover.
    Have a great week,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! I think my kids would love to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. I'm definitely going to do this with my daughter. She loves fabric. The Easter basket looks amazing... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use up all those fabric scraps! Great Easter project too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man! You are chock full of good ideas! This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these quilted eggs! What a fantastic idea!
    Glad you liked my shorts to bag tute! Have fun making yours!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!