Monday, March 14, 2011

Turning Three in Mexico and a couple of handmade gifts

View from our balcony
Hi there, thanks for still reading and the kind feedback about recent projects. I can't wait to catch up on what you have been working on.

We are back from our March break which coincided with Ev.Hope's third birthday.  We went to a family resort in the Cancun area.

There was a special birthday appearance by this guy
lots of treasure hunting


and of course, kite-flying


On her birthday, I surprised her and big sis with these felt crowns. I used Balancing Everything's Waldorf-life felt crown tutorial.
and this really great crayon bag. I used LBG's "mini coloring tote" tutorial, but made the bag larger to fit standard colouring books and I also incorporated the "crayon slots" on both sides of the bag.  The slots to fit Crayola pip squeak markers.

It was a wonderful holiday with lots of family and outdoor time and the sort of holiday where there was  less than $20 to declare on my custom form. 


9 comments:

  1. Your holiday pictures are fabulous. Welcome home. Happy 3rd Birthday to your little sweetheart too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun vacation!

    Those felt crowns are awesome. I love that they'll be able to wear them over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful escape! I love the sweet crowns you made. Happy birthday, little one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the birthday surprises! And, Mexico sounds just about right. I bet the $20.00 included t-shirts for all!

    Glad your back. I have missed your posts!

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! It looks like you had a lovely time. I love the bag with the crayon/marker slots built right in. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great holiday! And what a fun way to celebrate a birthday. The crowns are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a view! I'd sit all day and stare at it!!
    Happy birthday to E.Hope and from what I can see - you've had a fabulous time and made some wonderful memories!
    I love your handmade gifts and I also love that you are one of those persons who really like to try other people's tutorials. I always bookmark the links from the tutorials you have tried in case I decide to make them myself! And I have -so many times now. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation, KJ. I love the picture with the dolphin. The girls must have had an absolutely amazing time. The crowns are beautiful. Glad to have you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special trip! I love the little crowns and tote bag. Hope Mom had a good time too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!