Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Easy Easter Chair backer using Target felt bags

I posted about our Valentine's Day chair backers here and my sister's dollarstore technique here.  This is an Easter chair backer of the dollar shop variety. When I was in California in February, I purchased two little felt bunny bags from the Target dollar bin (shown above, left).

I took the handle off one side and moved it around the back so it could hang on the girls chairs (it's fixed with adhesive Velcro, but you could use buttons or glue or snaps depending on how permanent you want to make it).

I also hand stitched the girls' names using two strands of black embroidery floss and a simple back stitch. I have mentioned before that one of my goals this year is to improve my embroidery skills so these little projects are great opportunity to practice.


The girls were so pleased when I revealed them.  Lily put her felt chocolate bunny (one of last year's projects using a tutorial from Andrea Creates) in her chair backer until the real chocolate bunny arrives. She will forgo Easter eggs anytime in favour of just one chocolate bunny.


Have a great day,
This post is linked to





Childmade

10 comments:

  1. Yippee for Target's Dollar bins and now I have to make chocolate felt bunnies for Josie's felt food stash! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute!!! So, you started the Easter projects. I better buckle up for some great links you are about to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! I love how tiny they are. The embroidery is a perfect little touch. Great idea, KJ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your embroidery looks great! Love how it takes something simple and makes it so personal and sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dollar bins at Target! Thanks for the cute idea...I have enjoyed catching up with all your craft ideas and the photos of that flattering dress you wore on your trip.

    I was pretty good at embroidery years ago before my kids came along. My aunt taught me, and I will never forget that special time with her. Your daughters are just too adorable!
    Many hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...especially the personalization. My kids love to see their names on things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my lordy these are cute!

    California? I forgot you went to CA. I am going next Thursday for two weeks! Where did you go and what is CA like? I haven't been.

    lea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery is great KJ! The backstitch is one of those stitches that I always have a problem with for some inexplicable reason... I can never make it look smooth like you've done here. What's the secret?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hand stitched names. They are so cute and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!